This morning, instead of keeping to my rountine of 98% Fat Free cereal + soymilk for breakfast, I thought I'll indulge in "some other breakfast". And what I didnt know is, it does hurt to stray (away from healthy choices). Always blaming it on hormones and emotions, well, I grabbed a box of FRIED bee hoon, with FRIED egg, and top it all up with a FRIED fish fillet, which looked so good (read: FRIED). This is SO oily, the whole box is practically filled with oil and without hesitant, I gobbled my first, second, third....tenth helpings, until.....i felt sick....I cant believe I'm eating something so FRIED and so oily! I put it away and felt an oncoming sore throat. Serves me right, I know. I hope this experience will keep me away from convenient, fried, oily food for sometime. Afterall, fried, oily food is what I grew up with. And I know I need a mountain of determination to stay away from it. While I think about how I should be burning the bad food off, sitting in a half Lotus pose makes me feel all well again, like I've gained control, like my body's telling me that it's Ok to fall off tracks once in a while...as long as I keep doing more of the right things, like, going for my Yoga class.
In this blog, I would like to secretly thank my Yoga teacher, Master Suresh, for his excellent yoga classes. A native Indian, he speaks yoga with grace and patience. He goes round pulling arms, pulling legs, bending backs to make us stretch better. Sometimes, he will step on me when I'm in rest, face down. It's like massage, "crack crack", feels heaven. I've never enjoyed a class as much as I've enjoyed his. I feel so much wellness in my body, mind and soul, after every Yoga lesson with Master Suresh. I heard from my SkyFitness consultant that he was from Pure Yoga and Pure Yoga has very good yoga lessons. I totally trust Master Suresh. Yesterday, he held on to me like in a dance when I confidently stretch myself in a back bend, stretch as back as possible, until, i nearly feel I can really have my forehead on the mat! I feel shiok! I feel i've broken boundaries and pushed myself to exceed my limits! I feel like I've achieved something. This is how my yoga class makes me feel. I feel great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment